Wednesday, July 29, 2015

"Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Battle You Know Nothing About..."


After my little break from SL, I came back to some upsetting news. Not about me, not even about someone I know personally, but about a person we all recognize in name and work. You've probably worn her work and not even realized it! Owner of AngelRed Couture, 3D mesh creator Lexi Zelin as we know her in world, Heather Crawford in real life was recently diagnosed with stage 3 Hodgkin's Lymphoma (cancer).
I can't even imagine what she is going through...but I do know we can all do our little part to help. Because Second Life is a virtual world, I think we often forget that there are real people behind that avatar. We are a society all our own. We have our community, we have each other. This is a time to let that really shine. A time to embrace one of our own while she's dealing with this. A time to not only help her and her family, but also a time to show just how much we are capable of loving and caring.
Like I said, I don't know her personally (although I would totally chat it up with her!), but I do know we're both mothers, we're both hard working women...and all of us agree that Cancer needs a damn beat down! It has long since been on my wishlist to see a cure for Cancer. Nobody should have to deal with it, nobody should be made to walk it alone.
So The Lexi Project was created in world as a means for all of us to do our part in helping Lexi. I know a lot of us don't have tons of money but what needs to be remembered here is that there are a LOT of us, and every little bit can amount to a whole lot if we all take a moment to visit and have fun snagging the goodies because 100% of the proceeds go directly to Lexi!
There are over 375 designers (and more being added still!) that are participating so, I know everyone can find something. I saw some of my all time favs there. DRBC, Dark Passions, Deadpool, CX, Maxi Gossamer, The Little Bat, Razor, Belleza, Dirty Stories, Speakeasy....the list is just awesome! I love that so many designers are participating in this.

Although I could have done this picture in so many ways, I decided to go with a fighter. Those that have beat cancer are exactly that, fighters, some of the best! I know Lexi will do just that.

Personal note: I wanted to say that although we don't know each other...mother to mother, I already know you're strong. Moms were built tough. You are being thought of and you are loved! Don't just beat it, knock it the f<3k out!

Body
Skin: Genesis Lab_Milk_Skin
Mesh Head: 13.Genesis_Head_Julia_2.0_Angry_Milk @ The Fantasy Collective
Eyes: [Buzz] Lillian Eyes - Nebula
Hair: Doe: Ericka - Monotone

Outfit
Top: Dark Passions - Winged Hope - Purple @ The Lexi Project
Sweats: DRBC :sweet tart: fit b*tch - skully (pants only featured in the pic)
Boxing Gloves: +Redrum+ Women's Boxer (gloves only)
Necklace: Cute Poison - Mystiq Necklace Lexi Ed. Set Black @ The Lexi Project

Pose is custom made by yours truly <3



No comments:

Post a Comment