Monday, June 23, 2014

The Art of Post Mortem Photography


How weird is it in your opinion? Honestly. There is something I have always found beautifully disturbing, saddening, touching, sacred...so many things about post-mortem photography.
Very common in the 19th century, families would pose their loved ones and take a final photograph to remember them. Posing them in bed as if they were only sleeping, or posing them in chairs, relaxed.
I know...that a lot of you probably find that disturbing. I can respect your opinion. As I said above, I find it beautiful, but sad. Especially the photos of children, which were much more common. Mothers would hold them lovingly or pose them with a favorite toy.
Flowers, were a very common prop used for these photos. They would adorn the bed, outfit, surroundings with flowers. Needless to say, I saw this lovely Boudoir dress in all of its gorgeous, macabre glory and, I don't know why but, that's what it reminded me of. So beautiful and sad at the same time. Also, I've been catching up on episodes of American Horror Story: Coven, so don't be surprised if the macabre starts taking over my blog for a bit!
My gorgeous gown covered the chair but it is also a new Boudoir release. That and many others in other prints and designs. It's a reason I love the shop so much. They don't stick to making only clothes, there's enough there to absolutely lose yourself in for awhile!

Gia's gotta get cracking on several more posts so I will see you again soon but I will leave you with this lil note...There is more to be afraid of with the living than those that are dead.



Body
Skin: -Glam Affair- Vera - Horror edition GIFT
Hair: "D!va" Hair "Love"(Onyx)
Eyes: {S0NG} :: Sweety // Vampire Eye


Outfit
Dress: Boudoir- Ghost
Heels: {Mango Cheeks} Adeline Heels: Cookie (For Slink Medium Feet -not included-) @ Hello Sunshine Fair

Prop
Chair:  Boudoir-Baroque Chair Ghost

Pose
Created with Anypose Basic

No comments:

Post a Comment