Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Cherry Blossom Dreams..

 {Taken in Kowloon}
{Taken At the Silken Ropes Teahouse}

"The heart dies a slow death. Shedding each hope like leaves, until one day there are none. No hopes. Nothing remains." ~Memoirs of a Geisha

I kind of absolutely LOVE Memoirs of a Geisha the movie and the novel. Both absolutely lovely in their own ways. It's not my intention here to disrespect the honest to goodness Geisha in this world. I admire them so much! They truly are moving works of art. Their beauty and talent I am just in awe with. 
When people think of Geisha, most think of what they became later. I did a combination of the two. Both beautiful and elegant, strong and talented, fragile, seductive and probably broken inside. 
I took my time traveling around the grid and enjoying the views of the teahouses while dressed in my lovely lil kimono. I hope you'll take a moment to visit each place. They were all very nice. I met people at each place. All talkative and friendly. It's one of my favorite things to do in Second Life, exploring. Seeing the way people have made their world. It takes time and I find it quite amazing. All the little details...I spot them all and appreciate it so much. 
Funny how a piece of clothing brings on so much inspiration! A friend of mine said, "A lot of people are making those kimono's right now you know...". The thing is, and I've said this before I will say it a thousand times, Mesh is mesh until you give it life! DRBC hasn't failed me with that yet and I don't expect it to ever. Look for this precious little gem in world or on the Market place and let it inspire you!

"She paints her face to hide her face. Her eyes are deep water. It is not for Geisha to want. It is not for geisha to feel. Geisha is an artist of the floating world. She dances, she sings. She entertains you, whatever you want. The rest is shadows, the rest is secret."

"At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss" carved into the stone. It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You cannot read Loss, only feel it." ~All quotes from Memoirs of a Geisha

 {Taken at the Teahouse (note: ladies only here)}
{Also taken at Silken Ropes Teahouse (linked above)}

Body
Skin: Essences - Paris02 *light rose*@ The Dressing Room
Hair: Amacci Hair ~ Maria - Black Pack
Eyes: :[ Al Vulo! ] - [ Mayestic Eyes ] - [ Jade)]
Eyeshadow: Adored - last night - smoke pack
Manicure/Pedicure: Hello Dave - Slink AvEnhance - Still Night

Outfit
Kimono: ::DRBC:: Sakura kimono & thong- poppies (Phat Azz sizes included!) Please check sponsor page to follow DRBC on Facebook and Flickr <3
Geta: Blah. (My Elevated Getas) Traditional Red (SLINK High Feet) @ Whore Couture

Poses
Top and third poses: Posesion Poses- Fierce 8 & Art 9
Second Pose: Bauhaus Movement- Coral
Fourth pose: Del May- Hippy Chick


No comments:

Post a Comment