Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Before She Was Cursed, She Was Envied

{Taken at Hazardous}

Although many photos were taken of this outfit/costume/etc...I decided to stop with this one. I had a dress on her first but decided not. Because I find the story of Medusa absolutely intriguing, I decided to do my own little take on it. 
Elska is participating in the Greek Mythology Event and released two gorgeous tattoos. The one on my chest in the photo is called 'The Gorgon" and of course was my inspiration for the photo. The owner of Elska and I seem to have the same idea in mind that Medusa wasn't only a serpent haired woman, she had far more to her than what most envision. 
I know her story in many forms but there is a paragraph in the wiki that says, "In a late version of the Medusa myth, related by the Roman poet Ovid (Metamorphoses 4.770), Medusa was originally a ravishingly beautiful maiden, "the jealous aspiration of many suitors," but because Poseidon had raped her in Athena's temple, the enraged Athena transformed Medusa's beautiful hair to serpents and made her face so terrible to behold that the mere sight of it would turn onlookers to stone."

My ode to a long known character that I have loved since I was a child and met her in 'Clash of the Titans' (the original version of course!).
You might be frightened to look upon her because you don't understand her or the pain she suffered...but don't worry, she will force you to feel her pain and suffering.  "Do Unto Others, What Has Been Done to You..."

Body
Skin: [Pink Fuel] Harley <Crystal>
Hair: MINA - Roosje (Edited)
Eyes: #adored - unreal eyes - serana
Eyeshadow: #adored - medusa eyeshadow
Tattoo: Elska- The Gorgon @ The Greek Mythology Event Hosted by Totally Top Shelf Events
Scales: Folly - Tintable Scales - Armor - Silver
Teeth: Illmatic :: The Perfect Teeth - Normals

Outfit
Naga Tail: !deviousMind "Lamia" NagaTail **Pearl Banded**- Rare
Medusa Hair: May's Soul- normal medusa headdress black @ Tales of Fantasy
Cuffs: .aisling. Eunice - Arms Silver, Bracelets, & Hands @ Tales of Fantasy
Collar: [Keystone] Mennia
Head Piece: [Keystone] Corva @ We <3 RP

Pose:
.::Morphine Store::.-Flexion 1.12 (I tried to find the link to this in world and on MP but no luck)


No comments:

Post a Comment