Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Do You Like It? Keep Doing It.

{Taken at Dystopia}

Sometimes I have this thing with blogging, it's almost like an overflow of ideas. I have so many pictures in mind but at the same time...the set up, the outfit, finding the time is always a factor. 
I don't know if any of my fellow bloggers can relate to that. Sometimes by the time I'm even ready to take the picture, someone has blogged something similar and then I will just toss the entire idea out. I know, I know...I've been told many times I should just take the damn picture anyway but I just can't. The worst thing is to be accused of copying someone when you haven't....believe me, I know that from personal experience. There are people I take notes from and by 'take notes', I mean..I try to break down their editing skills and apply them to my own skills that I've already learned. Is that bad? No. I don't think so at least. I myself am all too willing to share any skills I've learned. And just how some blogs love to brag that they don't edit. I brag that I do. I don't edit my sponsored items but if I want to mess with lighting or focus, blur, etc..I have the programs and the tablet to make it happen. It's part of my enjoyment in blogging, we all do it in different ways, as long as you enjoy what you're doing that's all that matters.
Same with my style of clothes. If I like what I am wearing, that's pretty much all that matters. Everyone styles differently. Everyone thinks they look amazing but SL has definitely underlined the 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' saying for me. What you think looks amazing, might look like a big ass mess to me & vice versa. So all you can go by is your own perspective, as I do mine.
My reasons for bringing all of this about is that in one of my groups the other day, I saw a question about blogging and I saw this person being flooded with bad information. I just watched and read, I wasn't about to be lost amongst the others chatting there.
All I really wanted to say was,  1. If you're blogging for an SLebrity status or to get free things, you're wasting your time. While you have one sponsor giving you their newest release, you will realize quickly that you have to buy most things around those few sponsored items. It costs money to blog. It is NOT free. It costs personal time. And that's not all. Wall blogging is awesome but it takes a special skill to stand there and get all the views and favs you want. I think Petra Messiopetra is one of my favorite Flickr bloggers that can stand in front of a wall and make you gawk. There are many more too but she is one of the ones I takes notes from.
2. I As long as you like it, keep doing it. Don't let anyone change it. Don't let other bloggers get you down. We're in an ever rotating blogger world. They come, they go, they rise to the top, they fall. It's how it works. So do it all simply because you enjoy it.
And these are all things I still practice myself mind you. Things I tell myself when discouraged or overwhelmed.  "Do You Like It? Keep Doing It."

Okay okay end rant. This is a late blog as I was super sick the past few days but I'm doing alright now <3 
So I hope everyone has made it to all the events including The Fantasy Collective because there is a ton of badassery there including this hair I am wearing! Reminded me lots of Yolandi so tuuune in like a few secs here <3

Body
Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Mesh Head: LeLutka Mesh Head-Stella
Mesh Ears: [CX] Industrial Ears @ Body Mod Expo
Skin: Skin: Glam Affair ( Lelutka Heads ) Rachel ( Petal ) 14 RARE @ Shiny Shabby
Hair: [RA] Alice Hair - Grayscale @ The Fantasy Collective
Tattoo: [White~Widow] Invictus @ The Fantasy Collective

Outfit
Fluffy top: Mimikri - Gitana Chunky Vest black @ The Attic
Pants: -SU!- Fatal Sweatpants 07 (Add Me)
Claws: ::Tabou Irresistible:: Flowers Claws - Silver @ The Fantasy Collective
Rings: LaGyo_Layered rings - Ring 1 @ C88
LaGyo_Layered rings - Ring 2
LaGyo_Layered rings - Ring 5

Pose
..::Vibe::.. - "A New Leaf" Fatpack @ Shiny Shabby



No comments:

Post a Comment