Saturday, June 28, 2014

Secrets of Madame Bovary

{Taken at Dawn of Radiance}

I won't even begin to pretend that I know that much about Madame Bovary or her story. Sadly enough, as much of a book worm that I am, I haven't read it. As I've said in another post though, I don't like to go into anything blind so I did look her up and watched a few videos on YouTube and I am really intrigued with the book! It will definitely be on my list of 'novels I have yet to conquer'. 

It was a bit of a challenge putting the look together, especially because of the hair! Why is finding this type of hair so hard to find in our Second Life? I think designers are so centered on the here and now, current styles that are 'popular' or mainstream and so that is mostly what we see. Similar hairstyles being made over and over again. Our Second Life, at least in my personal opinion, should be diverse. We should be able to jump from look to look, style to style, century to century and have tons of options. I don't have the skill it takes to be any sort of creator in SL right now, but if I did...my shop would be like my blog. Meaning, you might see current styles on one corner of the store and vintage 50's next door to it and then right next to that, 19th century hair, etc...etc. Possibilities in SL are endless and I so wish creators would venture out more. Now, that's not to say that none do!
As you can see, Aliza Karu is very diverse with her creations. I've been able to purchase goth clothing and then this lovely homage to Madame Bovary all under one roof. Horns, Unique Hats...a wide variety of items you're sure to love as much as I do. 
I ended up finding my hair in a curious lil shop I adore, Curio Obscura of course! So many other things and hairstyles from that place that I have yet to collect. 

Back to work I go! See you soon luvs <3

Body
Skin: DeeTaleZ Skin A.T.W. Anouk Nordic <--still my fav!
Hair: Curio Obscura - Victorian Ladylike Hairstyle v1.0
Eyes: #Adored - dream eyes - glacier

Outfit
Dress & Hat: [AD] BookLook_04 Madame Bovary 800
Earrings: Kunglers TDRF #038 - earrings - Silver (previous TDR item)

Pose
an lar [poses] Like a Lady Three

No comments:

Post a Comment