Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"Intersection of Technology and Romance..."



{These photos were taken at New Babbage-Steampunk City}

Oh, my dearest apologies for not being here to post the 64510449 ideas that have been haunting my mind! Surprisingly enough, bloggers need breaks too. I had a fantasmical week enjoying my RL, that's a good thing. It's like a restart button, also allows for ideas to flow more freely and start fresh. It so breaks my heart to see my fellow bloggers burn themselves out and I don't want to do that to myself either. So thank you all sooo much for being understanding and patient. And....never feel bad about taking breaks from SL. I think too many of us put too much into a virtual life and not enough into our real lives...before you know it, people will exit, people will quit waiting and you won't realize it till it's way too late. SL will always be there, and your true friends in SL will always be understanding. So on to the wardrobe!

Steampunk lifestyle/fashion is just another layer of what makes up me! It is something I have loved since I was a young girl, reading so many novels that touched on it....still, I wasn't quite sure how to explain that part of me to people.
I found a quote that worded it perfectly, “To some, ‘steampunk’ is a catchall term, a concept in search of a visual identity. To me, it’s essentially the intersection of technology and romance. – Jake von Slatt. 

Eudora released some amazing things recently, letting me show off my love for all things Steampunk. Boots and ANOTHER hat...because they did release a hat before but this one is more bomber friendly. I pulled out some of my Steampunk favs from the inventory and came up with this mash-up of greatness! 

Don't worry, I will be back soon....because there seriously have been so many blog ideas poking and prodding at me during my break.
Now head over to all the places and get your Steampunk on!

Body
Skin: *League* Skin Erin Pale -Mocha
Hair: ILLMATIC :: Frenchie - Noir @ Kustom 9
Ears: [theSkinnery] Human Ears (mesh) + Skin Applier Hud
Manicure: Dark Passions-Koffin Nails - Bleeding Black Lace @ Suicide Dollz (get them before this round ends! They're 50% off right now but will go up to normal price after SD ends!)
(These are only a few of my favorite shades, the Bleeding Lace nail design. There are 12 options available!)


Outfit
Dress: ^v^DRBC^v^ Clockwork Dress
Stockings: .la petite morte. garter thigh socks brown
Boots: Eudora 3D Victoria Boots
Hat: Eudora 3D Steampunk Dynamite Hat @ We <3 Roleplay
Glasses: [ContraptioN] Wainwright Glasses *default*
Necklace: PIXEL BOX - Steampunk Necklace Clock (box)
Earrings: :*:CPD:*: Steampunk Earrings (The gears actually move!)
Backpack: Riske - Limited Edition Bomber Backpack (Classic)

Pose & Props
JD & . Infiniti . - All My Bags Are Packed - 20 Pose Prop




No comments:

Post a Comment